The Data Discovery Centre is back at Traffex, delivering a 3 day live hackathon on 2-4 April 2019!
What you can experience over the 3 days:
(click on the links below for the activities, what you can learn and who you can meet)
- Pod 1: Resilience, demand management, analysis and modelling – HIRAM modelling tool, Travel behaviour, technology and weather resilience PhD research, and exploring the Offices of Data Analytics
- Pod 2: Birmingham City Council open data projects – Data prototyping projects with Urban Traffic Monitoring Control (UTMC) / Datex II, API interfaces and M42 J6 3D printing
- Pod 3: Transport for West Midlands open data projects – The Real Journey Times project, Open Data portal, and Data Insight service to improve Network Resilience
- Pod 4: Data sharing surgery – exploration, advice and support on governance, standards, and procurement options, as well as live discovery on user-centred design for transport planning with the Mobility Policy Lab
Read the human story at the heart of the DDC activities on show
– the human story of practical collaborative data sharing innovation
Check out the live DDC activities on Slack:
–sign up to the Data Discovery Centre Slack channel
Flip through the photostory on Flickr:
– Data Discovery Centre 2019 photo album
Sign up to the Data Discovery Centre mailing list:
What can you expect?
The Data Discovery Centre is home to a mix of live projects across the three days, all of which are working at showcasing practical implementations of data sharing to improve our local transport network.
Much of this work represents hard graft activities happening quietly on the ground, without the fanfare of PR and marketing to bring it to the world’s attention.
This means a visit to the Data Discovery Centre is a rare opportunity for you to observe and explore these projects and get to know the teams delivering them. And with our data sharing, governance, and procurement experts on hand, its the ideal place to help you and your organisation understand and overcome your data-related challenges.
Highways Magazine, March 2019
Get behind the scenes insights on the Data Discovery Centre in the March 2019 Highways Magazine 3-page article: ‘Making fun of data’:
CIHT Transportation Professional, March 2019
Nic Cary and I share our thoughts on the readiness of Britain’s roads for connected and autonomous vehicles, published in the CIHT Transportation Professional Magazine, March 2019: